The Institution has the required infrastructure, such as buildings, furniture and pictures, special equipment, machinery and other facilities to develop successful candidates. Though it is very hard to serve these special children, the Institution has successfully sustained them for the past 26 years through its dedicated services and love , with more than 1000 children having passed through the institution over these years.
The Institution has been greatly strengthened by the devoted, committed and appropriately qualified and competent works in both teaching and non – teaching. Above all this, the unfailing providence and personal living of the Almighty God, amongst the Vidivelli family, is the unquestionable strength for the Institutions services. With regard to the achievements, the following are worthy of special mention:
- In 1995 forty of our children participated at the National Level Special Olympics Meet held at Hyderabad and won 28 Gold and 11 Bronze medals.
- In 1999, R. Sundarambal participated in the Inter National Special Olympics held in North Carolina, U.S.A. Secured one Gold and a Bronze medal in Cycling was honored by the Chief Minister Selvi Jeyalalitha.
- In 2002, four participants entered the National level Special Olympics for Athletic Events, held in New Delhi. They won 8 Gold, 6 Silver and 5 Bronze medals in Athletics – in Cycling They won a Bronze medal – and in Roller Skating they won 3 Gold and 2 Silver medals.
- In 2003, V. Nishanthini Participated in the Inter National Special Olympics held at Irelands and bagged I Gold and one bronze medal in Roller Skating at Dublin – Ireland Was Congratulated by his Excellency the former President Dr. A.P.J.Abdulkallam.
- In 2005, in the State Leval Special Olympics held in Coimbatore, 40 Participants and Vidivelli won 29 Gold, 20 Silver and 12 Bronze medals.
- In 2005, in the State Level Special Olympics held in Nagapatttinam, Vidivelli had a winner in Floor Hockey.
- In 2008 Vidivelli have been uniquely chosen and honoured by the Tamilnadu government as the “BEST SCHOOL” in the State from Chief Minister Dr. Kalaingar Karunanithi.
- In 2011, five of our students participated in the International Special Olympics held at Athens. R. Chandra Bose bagged 2 gold and one silver medal in Roller Skating, M.Shanthi and Praveena got bronze medals in Volley ball, Karthick and Hari Secured Silver medals in Hand ball.
- In 2013, M.Shrill Robert participated in the Inter National Special Olympics which was held at New Castel, Australia and got the fourth place in Running. Five of our children Participated in the National Tennis held in Rajasthan and got 2 gold, 4 silver and 2 bronze medals. Our boys and girls team participated in the National level Volley ball held in Gujarat. Boy’s team secured Silver medals and the Girls’s team secured gold medals.
- Five children were participated in the National level Swimming competition held at P.E.T. Engineering college, Madiya, Karnataka in November 2013. Our children secured 9 Gold medals, 2 silver medals and 5 bronze medals.
- In 2013, M. Shrill Robert Participated in the Inter National Special Olympics Which was held at New Castel, Australia and got the fourth Place in Running.
- Five of our children participated in the National Table Tennis held in Rajasthan and got 2 gold, 4 silver and 2 bronze medals. Our boys and girls team participated in the National level volley ball held in Gujarat. Boy’s team secured silver medals and the girls team secured gold medals.
- 2 boys and 3 girls were selected for the National level Foot ball held at Hariyana and received silver and bronze medals.
- Five children were participated in the National level championship roller skating which was held in Jot regiment, Bariley, Uttarpradesh in January 2014. They bagged 4 gold medals, 3 silver medals and 2 bronze medals.
- Sports Authority of Tamilnadu organized a State Level track and field Competition for the mentally challenged children like throw ball, running, shot-put etc. 24 boys teams and 8 girls team from allover tamilnadu were participated. Both the boys and girls team (7+7) of Vidivelli was participated. Sports authority honoured our children with certificates and Rs.5,000/- per winners. In 100mts. Running M.Santhi secured a first place and received Rs.5,000- from the Tamilnadu Government.
- NB :- The above are achievements and hallmarks of Vidivelli. The structure, together with quality and volume, underlines the function and dedication of the team spirit devoted to the cause of the intellectually challenged children over these years.